|Emily Chebet makes to the finish at World Cross Country in Poland|
Teenager Faith Kipyegon defended her junior title beating compatriot Agnes Chebet Tirop to become the only third woman in the history of the race to successfully defend her title.
Third place went to Ruti Aga of Ethiopia who cut off Caroline Chepkoech Kipkirui from a possible Kenyan clean sweep.
Ethiopia's Hagos Gebrhiwet managed to fend off Kenya's competition and crossed the finish line ahead of Kenya’s Leonard Barsoton who took home silver.
In the 12km Senior Men race, Kenya's Japhepth Kipyegon Korir, 19, took control of the race up-to the finish. Second and third place went to Imana Merga of Ethiopia and Eritrea's Teklemariam Medhin respectively.
Former champion Emily Chebet beat Hiwot Ayalew of Ethiopia to bag gold in style.
Ethiopia took the team standings with 38 points ahead of the USA at 52 and Kenya back in third with 54 points. This is the first time since 1984 for Kenya to finish out of the top 2 position.
Below are select results
1. Japhet Kipyegon Korir (Kenya) 32:45
2. Imane Merga (Ethiopia) 32:51
3. Teklemariam Medhin (Eritrea) 32:54
4. Moses Ndiema Kipsiro (Uganda) 33:08
5. Timothy Toroitich (Uganda) 33:09
1. Emily Chebet (Kenya) 24:24
2. Hiwot Ayalew (Ethiopia) 24:27
3. Beleynesh Oljira (Ethiopia) 24:33
4. Shitaye Eshete (Bahrain) 24:34
5. Margaret Wangari Muriuki (Kenya) 24:39
Photo courtesy of eurosport.du.ae